“Rallying” With Visit Allen
I had the ultimate pleasure of working with the Allen CVB to host a rally-style luncheon event for local hospitality partners in celebration of 10 years of tourism partnership. This was a huge milestone event for the city and considered their annual partner event. Allen has grown so much in 10 years now bringing in regional visitors for their world-class shopping, dining and event experiences at the Allen Event Center. The vision for this event was focused on creating excitement for what has happened in the destination but more importantly, how that momentum sets them up for so much more in the coming years as this area of DFW continues to boom economically.
This event was not only a tourism rally, but a breakout session following the luncheon allowed the Allen CVB to take advantage of sales and marketing professionals attending the rally to get together and collaborate on the best way to sell and market the destination, together as one. I facilitated the breakout session and helped the CVB market this session to those that really needed to be part of the conversation and have their voices play a role in shaping this message. This is so important for a destination these days. Here’s a few reasons why:
- This is the perfect opportunity to expose new leadership/sales/marketing, etc. to the destination, their efforts to promote partners, and their team/resources.
- Platform where partners can hear from other leaders and sales/marketing folks on the ground – what’s working and what isn’t? Great collaboration opportunity here.
- Create an all-hands on deck approach to bring partners closer to the efforts you’re making to grow. Share ideas, tools, resources, and future opportunities.
- Sales/Marketing teams walk away with immediate tools, ideas, and thoughts on how to better position the destination to their prospects and potential visitors. The interactive session is a huge learning opportunity for them.
- Great team building outing and the takeaways will be amazing for them.
The event was held at the Courtyard by Marriott at the Allen Event Center. Gorgeous newly remodeled hotel with stunning meeting rooms that were perfect backdrops for the event.
was pep rally 📣 inspired and transpired into every element of the event, from custom Jerseys the staff wore to branded pom poms and table settings, we put detail into every element of this event.
Our core decor backdrops to the event were giant custom-designed megaphones featuring branded “Visit Allen” and the hashtag for the rally “teamallentx,” as well as the CVB’s branded destination name “VISIT ALLEN” in giant 3-D letters adorning the main room. These letters were a huge hit and much more cost-effective to typical foam letters. The other main branded element was custom balloon decor by Bella’s Balloons.
This event was amazing for the City of Allen and their destination partners, really bringing together a team of pros who had great conversation, inspiring talks from Mayor Stephen Terrell and City Council member Baine Brooks who also owns and operates Two Rows Restaurant, and an all around excitement for what’s to come for Allen, TX.
📣 #teamallentx 📣
Photo Credits: Allen CVB
Special Thanks to Karen Cromwell for all her help coordinating the event and trusting me to plan and execute this important event for the city and Erin Coulter for all her help coordinating, organizing, and setting up so many of the details right alongside me up until the event. Couldn’t have done it without these amazing #bossladies!!