We Introduce You to Destination AMP CAMP
What is an AMPCAMP?
Developed by Jennifer Barbee and Kristen Cruz, amplification camps are events that address the most pressing needs for Destination Marketing Organizations and amplifies the solution in a collaborative way to create lasting business improvement.
The Camps for 2020 are focused on the most burning need for DMOS: Strengthening the relationship and marketing reach of partners and community.
AMPCAMP can be a pivotal element in addressing the very real threats we are facing:
- As many have reported, there is strong evidence of a softening tourism demand in 2020.
- An economic downturn is not an if, but a when.
- Many (so many we’ve stopped counting) tourism boards have been de-funded, under funded or threatened to justify their existence. And, the mass-hysteria continues.
- It’s a fact that budgets across the board (DMOs and partners) are strained or less than last year.
- The increasing cost to market a destination and for partners to market themselves is a never-ending trajectory. What are cheaper tools give way to an increase in man-power to use them properly.
There’s a common thread of the solutions available to combat a compressed marketplace.
Together, you and your stakeholders can mitigate and alleviate any outside threats to your community and it’s tourism business. This is the final frontier of DMO relevancy and business model. Especially hearing these types of comments:
“The CVB in [redacted] only wanted to sell me co-op, which I couldn’t afford. They gave special attention to the partners who paid. Though my [redacted] business was an experience that no one else in the state offered, it unfortunately failed. I know that with the help of the CVB it would still be open.”
-SMALL FLORIDA BUSINESSMAN
“Stakeholders just don’t show up. We brought the Google event in, we’ve had the state bring in education and we hold rallies. Sometimes it’s only 4 or 5 people at the [event]. I don’t know how to get them to participate.”
SMALL DMO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
There’s a divide. There always has been. The DMO feels hostage. The partner feels used. The community has their own set of challenges. It’s time for some strong therapy and a new look at how the conversation restarts.
Pivoting back to the need for the destination and partners to work together in more than marketing and advertising, has inspired us to offer smaller. It’s a 5 hour mini camp that lasers in on workshop, role building, education that is not a vendor pitch and collaboration stations. It’s also allowed me to offer this really cool program at a reservation fee any size DMO can afford.
We got you, fam. 😘
An AMPCAMP roadshow are mini pop-up events around the country to demonstrably improve business, collaboration and market demand for DMOs and travel businesses.
Free to participants, these mini-conferences will revitalize and future-proof softening demand.